Assistant City Recorder / Court Clerk
The City of Manzanita is looking for a full time Assistant City Recorder/Court Clerk to join our team
Closing date is July 1st 2022, 1PM
The position provides essential support to the City Administration, City Council and other committees and commissions. This position also serves as the clerk of the City’s Municipal Court and provides essential back up to the Accounting Manager. The Assistant City Recorder manages all permanent public records, ensures accurate recordkeeping of the city’s government activities and maintains the city archives.
The ideal team member has strong organizational and computer skills, excellent customer service skills, can think outside of the box, and brings a collaborative and problem-solving ethic to their work.
Minimum requirements include a high school diploma and at least three years of related experience or any satisfactory combination of education and experience which ensures the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
Law Enforcement Data System (LEDS) certification required within 90 days of hire. A valid Oregon driver license and
proof of acceptable driving record may be required. Certified Municipal Clerk is preferred.
Salary Range for the position is currently $4,284 to $5,208 monthly depending on experience, plus excellent benefits.
Please send cover letter, resume, and completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline is July 1, 2022.
The City of Manzanita offers a generous benefits package to all regular status employees working at least 24 hours per
week. Medical/Dental insurance is effective the first of the month following date of hire with the city paying 94% of the premium.
The City participates in the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS). Benefits paid by PERS are funded from two
- Member contributions paid on your behalf by the City (immediately vested); and
- Employer contributions (vested when contributions have been made in each of five calendar years)
Paid vacation accrues on a yearly basis as follows:
0-4 years – 6.66 hours per month (10 days/year)
- 5-9 years – 8.66 hours per month (13 days/year)
- 10-14 years – 10.66 hours per month (16 days/year)
- 15-19 years – 13.33 hours per month (20 days/year)
- 20 or more years – 16.66 hours (25 days/year)
Vacation leave may be taken after you have completed six months of employment.
Sick leave accrues monthly at a rate of eight (8) hours per each month worked.
The City recognizes the following paid holidays during the calendar year:
– New Year’s Day
– Martin Luther King Birthday
– President’s Day
– Memorial Day
– Independence Day
– Labor Day
– Veteran’s Day
– Thanksgiving Day
– The Friday after Thanksgiving
– Christmas Day
-Either day before Christmas (December 24) or day before New Years Day (December 31)
– One floating holiday
Diversity and Inclusion
At the City we understand that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
Equal employment opportunity
All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made or any other status protected by law.
Reasonable accommodation is available to anyone whose specific disability prevents them from completing this application or participating in this process. To obtain confidential assistance please contact the City Manager at 503.368.4353.
Under Oregon Law, qualified veterans may be eligible for veterans’ preference when applying for positions with the City of Manzanita. If you are a veteran and would like to be considered for a veterans’ preference for this job, please attach qualifying documents in the application process
The City of Manzanita is seeking a Full Time Water Utility Clerk to join our team.
WATER UTILITY CLERK JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Water Utility Clerk performs varied clerical work relative to the activities of the Public Works Department.
Typical Duties/Examples of Work
1) Processes all water utility payments and downloads payment transactions made online with the City’s online pay-provider to customer accounts. Prepares check deposits and billing software daily reports. Coordinates with Finance check deposits and monthly reporting.Coordinates quarterly billing and printing of billing statements.
2) Processes meter changes, address and account updates, buyer/seller transfers, and disconnects. Proofs meter reads, reviews adjustment requests, and prepares work orders for public works department follow up.
3) Assists the Public Works Director in performing research, participating in strategic planning, completing required reports, and responding to inquiries from members of the public.
4) Answer’s customer questions and requests for service related to water billing, leaks and usage issues. Accepts and processes applications for service connections.
5) Answers telephones, transfers calls, receives walk-in customers at the front counter, and answers questions about general utility business and utility accounts.
6) Files, scans, makes copies, prepares incoming and outgoing mail, and performs other general office duties.
7) Follows all safety rules and procedures for work areas.
8) Maintains effective and cooperative working relationships with those encountered in the performance of duties including employees, elected officials, other organizations, and the public.
9) Performs other related duties as assigned.
The following qualifications are required for this position:
1) Applicant must have a High School Diploma, or equivalent / OR any satisfactory equivalent combination of education and experience which ensures the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
2) A valid Oregon driver’s license and proof of an acceptable driving record are required.
3) Knowledge state, federal, and local laws, rules, and procedures related to assigned areas of responsibility.
4) Knowledge of basic accounting/bookkeeping principles, procedures, and practices.
5) Basic knowledge of general office procedures and practices; business English, spelling, and punctuation; and
personal computer applications in a Windows environment.
6) Basic computer skills, preferably in Microsoft Office products.
7) Good verbal and written communication skills.
8) Solid Interpersonal skills.
9) Excellent customer service skills.
10) Strong organizational skills.
11) Ability to follow oral and written instructions; complete assigned tasks with little functional oversight; and meet
12) Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those encountered in the course of work.
13) Ability to pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug and alcohol screening.
14) Ability to meet the physical demands of the position.
Why join the City of Manzanita?
The City of Manzanita is committed to offering benefits such as paid vacation, paid sick, and participates in PERS, the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System and Medical coverage.
Salary range is $3,314 – $4,029.
Position Posted: 06/17/21
Applications Period Close: 07/01/21
Selection Process Begins: Week of 7/05/21
Applicants must submit a résumé and application to the City of Manzanita:
Manzanita Public Works
1090 Oak St.
Manzanita, Or 97130
City of Manzanita
P.O. Box 129
Manzanita, OR 97130
Applications for this position will not be accepted after 7/1/21, 11:59AM.
E-mailed and/or faxed applications will not be accepted.
Director of Manzanita Public Works Dept.
Currently there are no open opportunities for employment.