Part Time Utility Worker
Public Works Department
The City of Manzanita Public Works Department is seeking a
Part time Utility Worker to join our team.
The Utility Worker maintains, repairs, and operates public works facilities including parks, buildings, water distribution system, storm drainage system, and street system. Performs vehicle and shop maintenance.
Typical Duties/Examples of Work:
1) Performs maintenance and clean-up of city buildings and properties. Empties trash and recycling receptacles,
cleans bathrooms, and maintains dog waste stations.
2) Maintains grounds and landscapes including mowing, weeding, pruning, trimming, irrigating, and planting.
3) Repairs and maintains street and stormwater systems including patching roads, sweeping streets, maintaining
rights-of-way, cleaning storm drains and catch basins, and maintaining street signs.
4) Performs light construction and concrete work as needed. Performs set up and preparation tasks for special
events throughout the year.
5) Cleans beach access ramp.
6) Performs light maintenance and repair of city vehicles and equipment, as assigned.
7) Operates and maintains light, medium, and heavy-duty equipment and trucks appropriate to the construction,
maintenance, and repair of City infrastructure, systems, and facilities to which assigned.
8) Follows all safety rules and procedures for work areas.
9) Maintains effective and cooperative working relationships with those encountered in the performance of duties
including employees, elected officials, other organizations, and the public.
10) Performs other related duties as assigned.
11) Repairs and maintains water distribution system including repairing leaks, reading water meters, performing meter
change outs, conducting coliform testing, and checking wells.
Why join the City of Manzanita?
The City of Manzanita is committed to offering benefits such as paid vacation, paid sick leave, and participates in PERS, the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System.
Salary range is $1,453 – $1,765.
The following minimum qualifications are required for this position:
1) Applicant must have a High School Diploma, or equivalent;
a. OR any satisfactory equivalent combination of education and experience which ensures
the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
b. Some experience related to assigned areas of responsibility is preferred.
2) A valid Oregon driver’s license and proof of an acceptable driving record are required.
3) Knowledge of operation and maintenance principles, practices, tools and materials for maintaining and repairing
assigned City facilities and equipment.
4) Skilled in the operation and maintenance of equipment and tools used in the course of work.
5) Basic knowledge of general office procedures and practices; business English, spelling, and punctuation; and
personal computer applications in a Windows environment.
6) Basic computer skills, preferably in Microsoft Office Suite® products.
7) Verbal and written communication skills.
8) Interpersonal skills.
9) Excellent customer service skills.
10) Strong organizational skills.
11) Ability to follow oral and written instructions; complete assigned tasks with little functional oversight; and meet
12) Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those encountered in the course of work.
13) Ability to pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug and alcohol screening.
14) Ability to meet the physical demands of the position.
- Position Posted: 7/9/20
- Applications Period Close: 8/06/20 at 11:59am
- Selection Process Begins: Week of 8/10/20
Applicants must submit a résumé and application of employment to the City of Manzanita:
167 S. 5th St
Manzanita, Or 97130
City of Manzanita
P.O. Box 129
Manzanita, OR 97130
Applications for this position will not be accepted later than 11:59 am, on Thursday, August 6th 2020.
E-mailed and/or faxed applications will not be accepted.
Municipal Court & Water Utility Clerk
The City Of Manzanita
The City of Manzanita is seeking a
Municipal Court & Water Utility Clerk to join our team.
MUNICIPAL COURT AND WATER UTILITY CLERK JOB DESCRIPTION:
General clerical support position for the Manzanita Municipal Court and Manzanita Water Department.
Typical duties include processing citations for review by Municipal Judge, preparing follow-up correspondence and record keeping after adjudication, accepting and processing utility, court and miscellaneous payments, processing water accounts and address updates, and answering customer questions and requests for service.
Minimum of high school diploma and two years of general office/customer service experience or equivalent. Knowledge of office and record keeping procedures and methods, accounting methods, and word processing and accounting software. Previous experience in a public safety or court environment desirable.
This is an independent contract position, with a salary of $2,976 per month.
Position is temporary from mid-August 2020 to mid-January 2021.
Send cover letter, resume, and completed City application form to:
Municipal Court and Water Utility Clerk Recruitment,
City of Manzanita
P.O. Box 129
Manzanita, OR 97130
or drop it off to City Hall at 167 S. 5th.
Applications can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The application packet is available on the City’s website www.ci.manzanita.or.us/employment.
Closing date: 4:00 pm, Friday, July 31, 2020